Tim, Jon, and I have been working with O’Reilly Media on a free report covering the latest version of Apple’s programming language, Swift 3.
You can download it, for free, over at the O’Reilly website. The report covers:
- a high-level view of Swift 3’s changes and new features, and learn how this version differs from Swift 2
- the Swift Evolution Process and the full list of accepted proposals—including those not yet implemented
- Swift 3’s changes to the language’s syntax, standard library features, and other areas
- Swift 3’s use on the server, and use a simple program to learn about Swift’s use on Linux
- further resources for learning about, working with, and converting projects to Swift 3