We’re excited to be teaching Unity game development live online next week, through O’Reilly Media’s Safari platform! It’s free for Safari members. Learn to build video games with one of the most popular engines around. January 17 and 18, 6PM to 9PM, AEDT.
We’re also running the same workshop again, at the end of February, if that date suits you better! Check it out.
This is a bit of a bump of an older post, with a few updates to highlight the new stuff we’ve been working on for our publisher, O’Reilly Media.
We also have a bunch of awesome video training on game design, game art, game programming, and game promotion, also available on Safari:
- Designing Games that People Want to Play
- Getting Started with Game Development in Unity
- Developing 3D Games with Unity
- Creating 2D Games with Unity
- Creating First-Person-Shooter (FPS) Games with Unity
- Creating 3D VR Games with Unity
- Creating Narrative Games with Unity
- Just Enough Game Art
- Getting Your Game Out There
- UIKit Dynamics for iOS
- Constraints in iOS
- Table Views in iOS
- Getting started with Swift on the iPad
- The Basics of Designing 3D Art
with Blender and Unity
Our newest books are also available now:
- Early Release of Learning Swift 3rd Edition (covering Swift 4)
- Learning Swift 2nd Edition (covering Swift 3)
(also on Amazon)
- The Kerbal Player’s Guide
(also on Amazon) (also check out our talk “The Mun and Back”, from OSCON 2015!)
More soon! ❤
- Jon and I have written a post on Swift for the O’Reilly Programming blog, it’s the first of three, and it covers why Swift is an interesting language;
- I’ll be speaking at the Functional Programming Miniconf, at linux.conf.au 2016, about (you guessed it) functional programming with Swift! (registrations for linux.conf.au 2016 are open until January 29th!)
- our new book, Learning Swift, is getting rave reviews, and is nearing final release; you can buy it now in Early Release, and get updates!